Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Kid's Back!

As you all know, Ken Griffey Jr. is back with the Mariners in what may be his last season. And what better place to end his career than the city where it all started. The Kid put the Emerald city on the map becoming an instant fan favorite, while also playing a few seasons with his father (Ken Griffey Sr.). The 2 became an instant hit playing together, and many have the father-son duo on the top of their list when it comes to who may be the greatest related duo of all-time to play on the same team. Not to mention he's got the sweetest swing in all of Baseball, hands down.

Griffey is one of my favorite players, and there's no doubt he would be up there in the chase for the All-Time Home run record if it wasn't for the ongoing injury plagued seasons he's had. However he's still one of the All-time Greatest player to ever play the game. Griffey's shoes were also a hit back in the 90's when the kid found instant fame. When he signed a deal with Nike, The Kid teamed up with Basketball All-Star Penny Hardaway in commercials together to promote their shoes. Griffey's shoe took on the more bulky look as shown in the picture below.

Photobucket

In honor of Griffey's on and off the field success, Nike decided to Retro his shoe (The Nike Air Griffey Max). Coincidentally the release came shortly after his return to Seattle. I've actually wanted the shoes for quite awhile and almost shat myself when I heard they were going to re-release. It took me almost a month and a half to get them, after going from store to store to later find out they ran out of my size. But I'm more than happy I was able to get my hands on them. They have that retro look to them, and they're extremely comfortable. Plus I've already got the hat to match. If you've considered getting them, they defiantly won't disappoint.

& Be sure to stay tuned for the 2nd pair that's scheduled to drop sometime in mid May-June. I know I'll be waiting...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment