Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Movie Review x Inception

Photobucket
I know it's been awhile since my last movie blog so I thought what better time to do one than now. This past weekend I payed a visit to the nearest movie theater to catch the recently released blockbuster hit movie 'Inception'. Since first viewing the trailer of 'Inception', before leaving the movie theater in disappointment at the release of 'Shutter Island', I thought the movie looked interesting but would most likely wait for it to hit the local RedBox and just watch it from the comfort of my home on DVD. But that was before everyone and their brother raved about the movie over Facebook, Twitter, etc. and told me I HAD to watch this movie. So with high praise comes high expectations of coarse.
Photobucket
Talk about one giant cluster fuck! The movie was complex from the get go and I began asking myself question after question before the movie even hit its climax. I don't think I've ever asked so many questions while watching a movie. Who's dreaming? What's going on? Was that real or part of the dream? All are questions you will find yourself pondering throughout the entire two and a half hours. As the rest of the movie went on, it was like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. If you plan on understanding the movie from beginning to end, expect to spend some $30 doing so and watching the movie more than once. For Leonardo DiCaprio who played the lead role as "Cobb" the main character, another stellar performance was put on as far as his acting goes, similar to that of 'Shutter Island', but the movie just didn't work for me.
Photobucket
However I won't knock the movies special effects, as those alone made the movie stick out from the rest of the bunch. Crazy cinematography, newsstands exploding into millions of little pieces, slow motion, people fighting upside down, awesome lighting, jaw dropping architecture, the list goes on. But aside from that, it was just another movie that fell short of my expectations. I don't think I've ever left a movie theater so confused in my life. Then again I might have been one other time I found myself more confused after a movie and that was with a few friends awhile back when we went to see 'Son of the Mask'. The only reason I left the theater scratching my head after that movie though, was because I was wondering what the hell I was thinking wasting some $10 for quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. Like I said, I'll have to watch this movie again to understand it a little better but until then I'd suggest waiting for it to hit Pay-per-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment